Civil War Fitting Tips & Tricks: 1860s Handbook
Tips & Tricks to Help You Look Like You Stepped Out Of The 1860s!
Fine tune your sewing skills and make your costumes look like the clothing our ancestors wore!
In this valuable handbook you can apply the techniques fast to be on your way to looking like you stepped out of the past.
- Tips to enhance your sewing skills
- Day and evening bodices fitting techniques (pg. 5)
- Gaping necklines in ball gown bodices (pg. 7)
- How far up a side seam should go under the arm
- Where to end bust dart points (pg. 9)
- How to create a narrow back & waist appearance
- Two ways to defeat the common problem of "gaposis"
- Working with sleeves for both day and evening bodices
- Fitting tips for the unusual dropped armhole seam (pg. 10)
- Dealing with extra fabric around the shoulder area (pg. 11)
- Skirts of the period - how to measure and cut for your height & hoopskirt size (pg. 12)
- Other general era-specific sewing information
and much more!